The popular messaging platform WhatsApp launched the WhatsApp dark mode for desktop earlier last month.
This is probably one of WhatsApp’s best upgrades in recent years.
If your preferred device for WhatsApp is a desktop, you might want to try the WhatsApp dark mode for yourself.
It is not only good for optimal battery usage since it saves on your battery but is also softer on the eyes.
Besides the dark mode feature, the recent WhatsApp update also introduced animated stickers and QR codes for contacts.
UI improvements for group video calls and status support for KaiOS users were also announced.
Initially, when WhatsApp dark mode for iPhone and Android was first introduced, you could only use the feature on desktop using third party plugins.
However, WhatsApp officially put in place an easy way to enable dark mode on WhatsApp Web.
How do I enable dark mode on WhatsApp Web?
Here’s how to turn on WhatsApp Web dark mode
- Open https://web.whatsapp.com/ and sign into your account.
- Tap the three dots icon (:) just above your chat history.
- Click “Settings” from the drop down menu.
- Select “Theme” from the settings menu below your profile.
- Toggle on “Dark” from the theme pop out menu to turn on dark mode on WhatsApp Web
It’s as simple as that. You have just enabled dark mode for desktop.
Do you know how to use WhatsApp dark mode for iPhone and Android? See a detailed guide on how to use WhatsApp dark mode in android and iPhone.